What are bellows?
In the area of machinery, the term "bellows" generally refers to corrugated pipes or joints with functionality such as expansion/contraction or flexibility. Eagle Industry pursues the application of bellows technology to mechanical seals and control valves.
Types of Bellows
We own molded bellows and welded bellows technologies classified according to bellows fabrication method. These bellows are deployed in various products.
- This type of bellows is made from a sheet of metal that is deep-drawn into a tube, followed by the application of hydraulic pressure from within, inside a mold. Molded bellows are suitable for mass production and are therefore used as automotive parts.
- To fabricate a welded bellows, thin disks are welded together at the inside and outside edges. This method ensures that the inside and outside diameters are uniform, with reduced variance of effective area and spring constant. We use different welding methods, such as TIG, laser and electron beam, according to the purpose, to provide high quality.
Bellows in Products
- Metal bellows accumulator
- Using a metal bellows, we have developed zero gas permeability accumulators, which are employed in electronically controlled brake systems.
- Control valve
- Our bellows technology is applied to valves used in car air-conditioners.